If your organization is moving toward a Reduction in Force, we are here to support you.
At PDS, we elevate the level and standards of outplacement services. We approach outplacement differently by offering the following benefits:
- Every client we work with meets one-to-one with their coach, every time, for personal strategic coaching tailored to their needs.
- We take the time to listen to the fears and concerns of clients.
- We use the latest strategies and tools that give clients the know-how and confidence to attack their job search full on.
- We don’t simply advise or critique resumes. We take time to get to know our clients’ experience, strengths, and accomplishments and professionally write a customized resume that clearly communicates their value to their target market.
- We teach clients how to expand, nurture, and profit from their network, both on-line and off-line, including optimizing the power of LinkedIn.
- We coach and empower each client to successfully negotiate their next salary and benefits package.
Employees Have Concerns – We Provide Direction
Employees who suddenly find themselves facing immediate job loss through no action of their own deserve caring and compassionate services from a leading outplacement firm. Often, employees are asking themselves questions such as:
- Where do I go from here?
- How long will it take to find a new job?
- Will I have to relocate?
- I haven’t had to apply for a job in years – will I be seen as too old?
- What is the best way to find a job in my field – will the internet help?
We’re here to shape clients’ strategic ability to engage in an effective, targeted job search that meets the demanding criteria of today’s market. We guide displaced employees to understand and showcase their value in the marketplace via the entire branding, networking, application and interview process.
Today’s Job Market Requires a Dedicated, Personalized Approach
For most jobs, it’s an employer’s market. A shotgun approach of applying to hundreds of internet ads is not the right approach. Research shows that 70% – 80% of positions are not posted, so those who only search online are missing out on excellent opportunities.
At Professional Development Strategies, we provide “white glove” service to our clients. We work with clients to identify transferrable skill sets, and formulate their brand value that will get them noticed by employers within their target industry. We help them identify their goals and develop targeted strategies for networking that connects them with essential contacts and hiring decision makers.
Our Clients Are Never Told to Watch a Video or Go To to a Web Portal
Some outplacement “counseling” services consist largely of online videos of tips, “do’s” (and “don’ts”), and other job search information. The fact is most of this information can easily be obtained for free on the Internet, even in video format.
The critical help needed in a job search is not general job search information, but one-to-one professional consulting with informed direction, and responses to questions and concerns that give clients the confidence they need to bring their value to the marketplace. All of our consulting, instruction, and education is given 1:1, through direct interaction.
During this critical juncture in their lives, displaced employees don’t want to be told to “go online and learn for yourself.” They want real people with the expertise, compassion, insight and commitment to guide them through the maze of moving to their next career role. This is a key difference in the services that we provide.
To find out more about how we can bring valuable solutions to support your company or organization and its employees through a Reduction in Force, call us or complete the Contact page.